Charles Christenson

Charles Christenson, our beloved father, passed away peacefully January 17th, 2007. We created this blog in memory of our father and to share our memory of him with others. Please feel free to post comments, kind thoughts, and best wishes.

To Submit a kind thought or rememberance:
1.Send your rememberance in an email to: danpaul22.chuck@blogger.com
2. In the subject field type your name

(You can view a collection of photos about Chuck by clinking on the link, "Chuck's Photos")

Friday, September 17, 2010

N in his face. 'Young man,' said

See him. "Show him up to my study, Susan Posey, if you please," said
Master Gridley. Mr. Penhallow presented himself at Mr. Gridley's
door, with a countenance

expressive of a very high state of excitement. "You have heard the
news, Mr. Gridley, I suppose?" "What news, Mr. Penhallow?" "First,
that
my partner has left very unexpectedly to enlist in a regiment
just forming. Second, that the great land-case is
decided in favor of the heirs of the late Malachi Withers." "Your
partner must have known about it yesterday?" "He did, even before I
knew it. He thought himself possessed of
a very important document, as you know, of which he has made, or
means to make, some use. You are aware of the artifice I employed to
prevent any possible evil consequences from any action of his. I have
the genuine document, of course. I wish you to go over with me to The
Poplars, and I should be glad to have good old Father Pemberton
go with us; for it is a serious matter,

and will be a great surprise to more than one of the family." They
walked together to the old house, where the old clergyman had lived
for more than half a century. He was used to bei

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home