Charles Christenson

Charles Christenson, our beloved father, passed away peacefully January 17th, 2007. We created this blog in memory of our father and to share our memory of him with others. Please feel free to post comments, kind thoughts, and best wishes.

To Submit a kind thought or rememberance:
1.Send your rememberance in an email to: danpaul22.chuck@blogger.com
2. In the subject field type your name

(You can view a collection of photos about Chuck by clinking on the link, "Chuck's Photos")

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Remembrance of Chuck

I am married to Chuck's oldest son, Craig, so I knew Chuck for about 23 years. In my eyes, he was a kind, thoughtful, generous, giving, comical guy. He had a great sense of humor and could not only dish it out but could also take it. He always asked what was new and would ask about my barrel racing. He sponsored my district and showed a true interest in my life. He wanted so bad to come to one of my races but was never able to. Now he can.
 
Chuck treated my two kids like family. He always asked how they were doing. He loved getting emails from Raquel and often told me how much he appreciated getting the pictures she would send.
 
We rented a house on Rush Lake last September and had Chuck stay with us. All who could come to spend time with him, did. I took a lot of pictures of him with his kids because I knew that could be the last time we were all together. Craig, Chuck and I spent the last day fishing and cruising around the lake. Even though he didn't say it, he was anxious to get rid of us after the 4th day.
 
Most of his kids, spouses and several grand children went to St. Cloud for Thanksgiving. Chuck held up quite well considering he was so weak. Again, I took several pictures. Chuck was quite photogenic.
 
I know he was looking down at everyone at his funeral smiling and saying, "my what a good job". He was loved by many and will be missed by many. Me (and Craig) included. God has another great man in His Heaven.
 
Karen Christenson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home